Tax Relief For Braces
Tax Relief for braces is available on most Orthodontic treatments. We believe that Orthodontic treatment is certainly a lifetime investment worth making, but also appreciate that in the short term can be a sizeable investment of both time and money.
Please find below a summary of the important points, to help you claim this valuable tax relief.
- You can claim tax relief on any orthodontic treatment you have paid for, whether it is your own treatment of treatment for someone else. (your child or spouse)
- Relief is at the standard rate of tax (20%).
- You should make your claim at the end of each year (however, you can claim tax relief on any eligible expenses dating back 4 years)
- Ask the practice for a Med 2 form which will confirm the payments made and will be signed by our Orthodontist.
- You do not need to submit your Med 2 form or receipts to Revenue but you must ensure that you hold them for a period of 6 years as you may be asked to present them at any stage during this period.
- Dental work required as part of your treatment does not qualify as eligible expenses and cannot be included in your claim for tax relief.